- Research advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Use your skills to assist with complex datasets for enhanced decision making
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a research scientist to work within their Data-Driven Enterprises Group in the Analytics Program.
You as the successful candidate will contribute to the Group’s goals by undertaking research into advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies to enhance the Group’s and Data61’s capabilities in these domains. You will liaise with industry and government to help improve their processing of large, complex datasets, and inference drawn from the data, so as to enhance decision making.
Your duties will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Undertake research into, and development of, advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Various – Docklands or Clayton VIC and Eveleigh NSW
Salary: AU$97k- AU$105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics, mathematics or machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience in the analysis of large, complex datasets for industry and/or government using statistics and machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience in solving complex data analytics problems using statistical and machine learning methodology such as Bayesian methods, MCMC, support vector machines, gradient boosting, or deep learning.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
28 November 2018