- Improve your professional employment prospects
- Combine study with a paid placement in your relevant field
- Be a part of Australia's leading science and research organisation
The Indigenous Cadetship Program is an initiative of the CSIRO Indigenous Engagement Strategy which seeks to significantly increase Indigenous employment nationally within CSIRO. Through this strategy, CSIRO aims to enhance the educational, employment, training and career development opportunities for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
CSIRO Data61 is seeking expressions of interest from students of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree course in Mathematics, Mathematical Science, Statistics or similar discipline. Cadets will work with research scientists and engineers to develop innovative solutions to enhance Data61’s current projects. This work may involve data entry, data management, statistical analysis, literature searches and the production of reports and other publications.
Our cadetships offer a combination of full time study and work placements within CSIRO (usually completed during the university breaks) and provide:
- A study allowance of $300 per week during periods of full-time study (40 weeks)
- Financial assistance of $500 per semester to assist with study costs
- 12 weeks of paid work placement during each year of the cadetship (starting at $590 per week before tax)
- Payment of HECS fees by CSIRO on successful completion of study.
Locations: Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne or Hobart
Duration: Up to 4 years (depending on current year of study)
Reference No: 57637
Indigenous Cadetships are open to students who are:
- of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- currently enrolled for full-time study in their first undergraduate degree course at an Australian university.
Interested candidates will be required to provide an academic transcript (or confirmation of enrolment if not yet started), Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent as well as a resume. CSIRO will contact you if any suitable cadetships fitting your profile become available.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
CSIRO's Data61 is Australia's data innovation network that transforms existing industries and creates new ones through the application of science and technology. As an applied R&D partner, Data61's capabilities range from cybersecurity, confidential computing, IoT, robotics, machine learning and analytics, software programming to behavioural sciences and more.