- Make a significant contribution to service direction & in the application of innovative solutions
- Gain exposure to cutting-edge technology & work on innovative projects
- Join the Data Team within CSIRO IMT
The role of an Infrastructure Deployment and Configuration Generalist is currently open within CSIRO IMT. The position is based in Canberra. This position is part of the Data Team, Scientific Computing in IMT and is part of a small group responsible for continuing support and maintenance of CSIRO research focused storage equipment.
In this position you will be a part of a team who are responsible for contribution to the compute, storage and high speed connectivity infrastructure design with a strong data integrity focus. You will be required to coordinate and deliver functional technical solutions and contribute to development, implementation and standardisation of infrastructure initiatives, procedures and techniques.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1, Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include
- Play a key-role in the day-to-day delivery, management and long-term planning of IMT’s data protection needs
- Provide technical advice relating to data protection, infrastructure deployment and configurations that host data and integrated technology services, standards and procedures to team members, management and business owners.
- Contribute to the design, development, documentation and delivery of storage and compute infrastructure.
Salary: AU$62,654 - AU$79,741 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of data-protection technologies, ICT infrastructure deployment.
- Practical knowledge and proficient troubleshooting skills in relation to ICT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability, willingness and motivation to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of stakeholder requirements.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 28 February 2019, 11.59pm AEDT