- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Part-Time Opportunity (3 Days a Week)
CSIRO’S Information Management & Technology (IMT) group are looking for a Library Digitisation Specialist to take responsibility of the digitisation of CSIRO publications including the development of standards and procedures for digitisation of library materials. This position will involve formulating written instructions and conducting hands on and virtual training for library staff in digitisation and the effective use of equipment. Under broad direction, the incumbent will select, digitise and make publications available online through the library catalogue and other repositories.
Some lifting will be required in accordance with safe work practices and work may be required at other CSIRO sites within Australia.
Your duties will include
- Developing detailed standards and procedures for the digitisation of library resources
- Preparing written instructions and guides for library staff covering digitisation, the use of equipment, and post-processing of files
- Setting-up templates and guidelines for equipment for different scanning scenarios
- Trouble-shooting and resolving issues of a technical nature relating to digitisation equipment
- Providing effective training to library staff both in person and online
- Digitising and making available online selected CSIRO publications.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 10 months
To be successful you will need
- Experience preparing standards and procedural documentation concerning the digitisation of library materials
- Significant experience in the digitisation and digital preservation of library resources. Knowledge and experience using and applying appropriate international standards related to digitisation including file formats, metadata and technical specifications, and using relevant equipment including overhead and flat-bed scanners as well as multi-functional devices
- Experience in preparing materials and conducting training both in person and in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and relevant experience in a large research or academic organisation.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
22:59 AEDT 24 February 2019