- Use Your Skills and Make an Impact on Data Innovation Outcomes!
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's Largest Data Innovation Group
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist with expertise in navigation, planning and control algorithms for field robots. The types of robots include wheeled, tracked and legged platforms. The position requires someone who is comfortable working with real platforms outdoors and obtaining results beyond simulation, as well being familiar with concepts of system integration, combining hardware and software for robust solutions outdoors. This is an exciting opportunity which requires a high level of competence in navigation, planning and control. Additionally, you will also require competence in software engineering using ROS/C++.
Your duties will include
- Undertaking innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes
- Developing and maintaining innovative navigation, planning and control algorithms for field robotics
- Working in the field with autonomous large and medium scale robots
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$98K - AU$106K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline, such as Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or Control Engineering, Robotics Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 1 year of relevant postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of navigation, planning and control algorithms used in mobile field robotics.
- Extensive experience working with navigation, planning and control algorithms for mobile field robotics in outdoor environments, beyond simulation environments.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Robot Operating System (ROS).
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Please note: This is a re-advertisement for the position, if you have applied previously, we still have your application.
23:00 AEST 15th July 2019