- Do you have qualifications or high-level experience in IT with strong experience architecting solutions on cloud platforms?
- Outstanding opportunities to play major roles in the automated delivery of cloud resources within CSIRO
- Two exciting new roles in our Information Management & Technology team!
CSIRO is seeking 2 Technical Leaders (Cloud Platforms) to join a new team that will design and build managed cloud services that will support CSIRO’s research and enterprise needs at scale for both internal and public facing platforms across multiple providers.
The roles will assist in designing the automated provisioning, monitoring, billing, secrets management, security and management of cloud accounts and resources across multiple cloud vendors including existing internal platforms. The roles will also provide guidance to the business and mentoring team members around architecting secure, scalable cost-efficient solutions.
The successful candidates will be working in an agile cross functional team and be required to work very closely with solutions architects to contribute to and validate designs. The positions will provide the opportunity to continually learn new things and to work with and mentor a highly skilled and diverse team. The Technical Leaders will play a key part in delivering the next generation of our compute capability.
Security Clearance: These are security assessed positions and the successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance of NV1 (SECRET).
Your duties will include:
- Taking ownership of the security and quality in everything we implement.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of the CI/CD strategy for the team.
- Designing, developing and continually improving a full IAC pipeline for the automated delivery of cloud resources.
- Developing centralised monitoring and reporting solutions for security, network, resource utilisations, application performance and billing requirements.
- Forming close relationships with business units to provide architectural guidance and continually improve service delivery.
Location: Negotiable - Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane
Salary: AU$113k- AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification or vendor certification in a relevant technical subject or equivalent relevant experience.
- Senior level experience as a Solution Architect or Cloud Architect on AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code: design and security, secrets management, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance and security monitoring, tuning and billing.
- Exposure to large scalable high volume/traffic/distributed systems.
- Experience documenting platforms or processes from a technical and non-technical perspective including design documentation.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter together with a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications Close at 10.59 AEST 21 July 2019