- Make a hands-on contribution to deliver software with uses across multiple projects
- Translate research into impact on Australian & international e-Health programmes
- Join CSIRO Health & Biosecurity & work with innovative researchers on world class projects
The Australian E-Health Research Centre (AEHRC - http://aehrc.com/) is a world class centre undertaking research and development across health and biomedical informatics and health services.
As the Senior Consultant - FHIR Terminology Services, you will lead and manage the development and deployment of our Clinical Terminology and FHIR technology. Joining the Health Data Engineering team, you will work across multiple projects and collaborate closely with key stakeholders. The projects will involve information modelling, as well as the development and deployment of cloud-based applications and services to support our research across the Health Informatics group. You will also contribute to further development and support of our clinical terminology tools.
For success in this role, you will offer significant technical expertise in the use of HL7’s FHIR®, Medicines and Clinical Terminology including both SNOMED CT and LOINC. You will bring an enthusiastic approach and make a hands-on contribution to delivering software that can be used across multiple projects in an increasingly information-based industry.
Your duties will include
- Leading projects in developing software and solutions to tackle issues in the collection, integration and analysis of personal, clinical and other health data.
- Developing and maintaining high quality software in accordance with industry best practice and organisational guidelines.
- Contributing to the management and administration of operational business systems, assets, web sites and associated infrastructure.
- Represent CSIRO externally in the communication of project outcomes through support documentation, demonstrations and presentations.
- Helping to build CSIRO’s research and engineering reputation for integrated and multi-disciplinary science related to health data semantics.
- Working with CSIRO Business Development staff to identify commercial opportunities for software and products developed as part of projects.
Location: Herston (Brisbane) Queensland
Salary: AU$132k to AU$146k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Reference No.: 62239
To be considered you will hold knowledge and skills gained through tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or an equivalent field.
You will also have:
- Excellent communication skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- Significant experience developing, delivering and operating production systems for clients.
- Significant experience designing and developing web-based applications communicating with RESTful APIs.
- High-level programming skills with experience in multiple languages and platforms.
- Significant experience with analysis and information modelling. Health-specific experience including knowledge of FHIR is required.
- Experience applying agile development practices across the full software development life cycle.
- Effective team leadership, self-organisation, prioritisation and complex-problem solving skills.
- An understanding of health data, how it is used, and relevant standards such as FHIR, SNOMED CT and LOINC.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Sunday 22 September, 2019 (11:00pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.