IP Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
- Do you have a background in and passion for computer-generated inventions?
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced IP Specialist or registered Patent Attorney
- Come and work at the forefront of data and digital with CSIRO!
CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, has been solving the nation’s greatest challenges with solutions from science for over 100 years. While many of the challenges are ever present - sustainable energy and resources, food security, and quality growing our future industries, for example - how we are solving those challenges has only accelerated with technology. And CSIRO’s data and digital specialist data sciences arm, Data61, is at the forefront of data and digital in solving our greatest data-driven challenges today. We believe Australia can lead the world in change and not just respond to it.
The role of an Intellectual Property (IP) Manager in CSIRO contributes to the effective delivery of IP services by providing advice to senior managers and scientists. Success in this role also involves the provision of timely IP portfolio management and advice on IP exploitation strategies for effective collaboration with government, regulatory bodies, and industry partners.
Your duties will include:
- Working as part of the Commercial team in building and exploiting IP assets
- Engaging with Research Program Leaders and technical staff to identify, develop, protect and manage IP assets.
- Working collaboratively in deal teams undertaking business development or commercialisation activities in developing effective IP exploitation strategies.
- Providing proactive specialist IP advice and support to internal stakeholders.
- Managing IP for the digital sector, working with external attorneys and internal stakeholders to ensure decisions are made and deadlines are met in the filing and prosecution matter in relation to registrable IP.
- Actively managing relationships with external clients, stakeholders, and service providers, including external legal counsel and patent attorneys.
Location: Clayton, VIC; North Ryde, NSE, Dutton Park, QLD; or Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- To be a Registered Patent Attorney or IP Specialist with experience in the following areas: patent law and practice, confidential information, trade secrets and software.
- A degree in computer science or experience working with computer-generated inventions.
- A recent achievement in advisory or managerial roles in relation to capture and exploitation of registered IP.
- The ability to work independently, providing pragmatic solutions in managing and exploiting intellectual property.
- Ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to highly complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning, and experience.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 16 Aug 2021
- AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management and Supervisory
Research and Development