CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Health Data Standards and Machine Learning - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Health Data Standards and Machine Learning
- Use state-of-the-art healthcare interoperability standards and AI methodologies
- Innovative culture supporting the development of original thinking & research
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will join the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) and will contribute to projects in collaboration with healthcare stakeholders and academic partners. These projects include the solving of research challenges associated with sharing and improving the quality of clinical data, with an emphasis on clinical phenotype data relevant to genomics, and the development & deployment of related applications to support our research. These projects span the use of state-of-the-art healthcare interoperability standards and AI methodologies, including machine/deep learning and natural language processing.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Undertaking research and development to improve the quality of clinical data using modern healthcare standards, ontologies and machine/deep learning.
- Designing and implementing practical software solutions to support clinical data sharing, clinical decision support, evidence-based healthcare, and improved patient outcomes.
- Evaluating and performing statistical validation of developed methods.
- Recognising and deploying opportunities for innovation, generating new theoretical perspectives, and progressing opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research.
Location: Herston (Brisbane), QLD
Salary: AU$88k – AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, information technology, or software engineering. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience/knowledge in machine/deep learning, health data interoperability standards or clinical/biomedical ontologies.
- Technical ability in software development and programming skills (e.g., Java, Python).
- Practical experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., scikit-learn) and deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow or PyTorch).
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 19 Aug 2021
- QLD - Herston
- AU$88k – AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Engineering - Software
Research and Development