Team Leader - Web Application and Database Hosting - [Archived Advertisement]
Team Leader - Web Application and Database Hosting
- Are you passionate about leading and developing a high-growth team?
- Are you a technical leader that enjoys business partnering?
- Are you committed to your career while also thriving off a culture that values flexibility?
If so, then this Leadership position within our IM&T unit might be for you!
We are looking for the newest member of our leadership team within CSIRO’s Information Management Technology (IMT) division. You’ll join us as a Web Applications and DBA Team Lead and will support a team of approximately eight staff, consisting of employees and contractors.
You will play an instrumental role in leveling up your team by managing the technical, strategic and people capacity. In addition, you’ll focus on the ongoing strategic engagement with the IMT Executive team in formation, review, and execution of strategic and operational plans.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and manage team capability and capacity to grow and evolve services the team provides in response to changing organisation needs.
- Develop and manage the team’s forward schedule of work considering business-as-usual activities, maintenance cycles and prioritised business projects.
- Identify and assess risks associated with specific actions or projects and develop and implement strategies to reduce those risks.
- Advise IMT senior management team on issues requiring attention and implement management decisions.
- Engage with clients and review internal management processes for improvement opportunities.
- Undertake financial management of the team’s budget.
- Prepare necessary reports to keep team actions and achievements visible.
Location: Black Mountain ACT, Clayton VIC, St Lucia, QLD
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience e.g. Eligibility for membership of the Australian Computer Society.
- Extensive experience managing ICT systems, assets and budgets, including service reporting.
- Sound experience as a senior individual or leadership position within a similar ICT service delivery customer-focused environment
- Ideally either supporting enterprise or scientific research and development teams (specifically the services relating to the Web Hosting and DBA portfolio).
- A proven track record as a leader that has demonstrated initiative and self-motivation, as well as the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Demonstrated experience building successful relationships in a complex delivery/client environment, including team direct reports, multiple stakeholders, suppliers, and peer delivery groups.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to deliver clear presentations and reports.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to achieve operational objectives, contribute to projects and solve technical challenges.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at Negative Vetting Level 1. Therefore, in order to be appointed to this position you must be an Australian Citizen and currently reside in Australia.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12th August 2021, 11:59 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2021
- AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Database Development, Management & Administration