Software Developer - Delphi - [Archived Advertisement]
Software Developer - Delphi
- Draw on your expertise in Delphi and other software development programs
- Contribute towards software design & development of nationwide energy rating systems
- Full-time and part-time opportunities on offer!
CSIRO is looking for an early career Software Developer with a passion for software engineering and an enthusiasm for contributing to Australia’s residential energy efficiency to join the Energy business unit.
CSIRO’s ‘Building Simulation, Assessment and Communications’ Group develops and supports software used to demonstrate compliance with Construction Code standards under the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme. In this capacity, CSIRO supports more than 600 energy raters and over $50 billion in construction activity per year.
As a Software Developer, you will join a dynamic and talented team of computer scientists, software engineers, engineers and data scientists, who design, build and deliver the technologies that model energy consumption and create outstanding user experience. You will use your knowledge and skills in software modelling and Delphi to primarily focus on the desktop applications, assisting in the design and implementation of software updates and test versions of CSIRO’s suite of Delphi house energy rating tools.
Your duties will include:
- Working in a team of Software Engineers and Research Scientists on developing CSIRO’s core energy modelling tools. In particular,
- Maintaining and updating CSIRO’s suite of Delphi house energy rating software tools AccuRate and AusZEH Design.
- Developing new functions for AccuRate and AusZEH Design.
- Developing experimental software models.
- Assisting in the transition from desktop application to Microsoft Azure hosted Saas for CSIRO’s key software tools.
- With guidance from Senior Engineers, liaising with stakeholders to understand system requirements, develop and test software solutions, and provide system support as required.
- Developing and documenting software that is used by our researchers and our external clients.
- Under general direction, participating in planning projects and accepting responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
- Adapting and/or developing original software in support of existing and further research, promptly addressing where methods may not be defined, and taking initiative in seeking new approaches to meet technological needs.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$85K – AU$96K (pro-rata for part time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term roles of 2 years (full-time) and 3 years (part-time)
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Recent work experience with the following;
- Delphi 7
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Cloud – Microsoft Azure
- Source control system (e.g., SVN/Bitbucket)
- Experience developing commercial software tools related to building energy simulation.
- Experience and understanding in the residential energy efficiency, energy rating, thermal performance modelling or other similar domain.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Temporary Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role. Please note your cover letter should clearly address and demonstrate your suitabilitiy against each of the selection criteria.
3 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 03 Oct 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$85K – AU$96K (pro-rata for part time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Engineering - Software
Research and Development