Solutions Architect Genomics Machine Learning - [Archived Advertisement]
Solutions Architect Genomics Machine Learning
- Lead the technical development of the VariantSpark platform and clinical pathology applications
- Use your cloud-based, high-performance computing & machine learning expertise to bring IT solutions to human health applications
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
The Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) is the leading national research facility applying information and communication technology to improve health services and clinical treatment for Australians. AEHRC is a world-wide unique trailblazer of advanced digital solutions and covers the full spectrum from basic science to mobile technologies and digital healthcare services that are applied in clinical practice.
The Solutions Architect (Machine Learning) will work with scientists from the high-performing Transformational Bioinformatics Team to develop novel digital services that join genomics and medical information to empower clinicians. The role will lead the technical development of the VariantSpark platform, as well as clinical pathology applications. Envisioned as a point-of-care solution, the technology needs to build on the latest in cloud services and cloud computing technology to deliver speed and accuracy on unprecedented data volumes. You will use your software engineering expertise and demonstrated knowledge in cloud-based distributed or high-performance computing as well as machine learning skills to help us bring advanced IT solutions to human health applications.
This position is advertised across 2 competency levels and the successful candidate will be appointed at the level commensurate with their skills and experience. More detail around the difference between the two levels is outlined in the position description.
Your duties will include:
- In collaboration with scientists, design and implement innovative cloud architecture to carry out impactful research and cater for the challenges in the health and life science domain (fast turn-around-time and large volumes of data).
- Implement ML solutions to biological research questions; Explore novel ML methodological approaches to research questions.
- Be knowledgeable about cloud services across multiple vendors (specifically AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Prepare appropriate documentation through repositories (e.g. bitbucket), project boards (e.g. trello), online communities (e.g. gist) and contribute to reports, scientific papers, blog-posts and videos.
Higher level duties:
- Develop novel ML algorithms, tailored for genomic problems.
- Stay on top of newly released cloud services across multiple vendors (specifically AWS, Azure, GCP) and take ownership in applying them effectively to the scientific applications developed by the team.
- Identify market-gaps and lead development of tailored solutions to commercial impact and be involved in grant applications.
Location: Sydney preferred (various sites available but flexible for nation-wide)
Salary: AU$85k – AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a bachelor’s degree) or equivalent relevant work experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering, Data Science.
- Evidence of experience with cloud-based distributed or high-performance computing (e.g. EMR, HDInsight, Dataproc) as well as more than one language relevant for cloud services (e.g. Python, NodeJS, Scala, BASH).
- Proven impact from developing web services on more than one cloud vendor (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience and passion for designing and implementing machine learning solutions (SVM, RF, DeepLearning) and deep knowledge of statistics.
- For appointment at the higher salary level, additional skills and experience is required, as outlined in the position description.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
4 Oct 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 04 Oct 2021
- NSW - Sydney
- AU$85k – AU$108k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: