AquaWatch Data Analytics Platform Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
AquaWatch Data Analytics Platform Engineer
- Work in a highly-skilled and diverse team of solutions architects and scientists
- Help design and build a cloud-based multi-sensor data integration and visualisation system
- Join CSIRO and AquaWatch for real continual learning opportunities
CSIRO and AquaWatch Mission partners are seeking a suitably qualified Platform Engineer to join the AquaWatch Technical Implementation team. The team is tasked with designing and building a cloud-based, multi-sensor data integration and visualisation system to support the AquaWatch Mission. In this role, you will work collaboratively with other leading remote sensing and sensor analytics science specialists in CSIRO and externally, to design visualisation and multi-sensor data integration and software implementation of scientific algorithms for the AquaWatch data analysis system.
As part of an agile cross functional team, you will work very closely with scientists and solutions architects to contribute to and validate designs. You will play a key part in delivering the next generation of our the AquaWatch Analytics capability to partners and end-users. Providing design ideas and guidance, you will implement and operationalise science-derived data analysis algorithms, and update the system as new technologies emerge, to enhance scalability and cost-efficiency.
The AquaWatch Data Analysis platform will leverage off the CSIRO Earth Analytics Science Innovation (EASI) implementation of the OpenDataCube platform, which in the case of EASI uses Kubernetes, AWS Cloud and advanced python libraries, will perform combined global satellite Earth observation and on-ground instrument data analysis, machine learning and modelling. The EASI Platform underpinning this system is an advanced system working at the leading edge of Cloud and Earth analytics technologies.
S&A are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and equity within our workplaces. This role is offered on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum 0.8 FTE).
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with the EASI Project team in CSIRO and our partners to continuously improve the end-user experience.
- Technically contribute to the design and implementation of the CI/CD strategy.
- Design, develop and continually improve a full Infrastructure as Code pipeline for the automated delivery of cloud resources.
- Develop centralised monitoring and reporting solutions.
- Proactively manage system security, build and rollout in-depth embedded security, and participate in security assessments and auditing.
- Contribute to the development of service standards, procedures and improvements, and produce relevant systems documentation.
- Foster professional and friendly relationships with all stakeholders, and keep management and team members informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinate and participate in service restoration including disaster recovery activities as required.
Location: Canberra, ACT, Perth, WA or Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, full-time or part-time (0.8 FTE)
Residency: Australian Citizens Only
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in development of scalable cloud solutions using AWS.
- A tertiary qualification in computer science, software engineering or vendor certification in a relevant technical subject such as solution architect and software developer.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven collaborative approach to both internal and external relationships.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Cloud infrastructure using Terraform Enterprise and Hashicorp Vault.
- Strong experience in automation and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops and/or GitHub.
- Strong experience with container technologies and demonstrated administration skills in deploying and managing Kubernetes.
- Strong programming skills across Python, Terraform HCL, and Docker.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, please see the Position Details
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Sunday, 24th October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 24 Oct 2021
- AU$115k – AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Engineering - Software
Research and Development