- Team based, collaborative culture
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
As the succesful applicant you will provide software engineering support across the suite of existing and emerging projects being undertaken by the Mining and Processing Technologies Research Group. In this role you will cover a wide range of activities, including software development, documentation, sensor data analysis, algorithm development, system design and integration.
Your duties will include:
- Provide high level software engineering capability for new and existing project applications across the research group.
- Make significant contributions to the interpretation and communication of research or technological results and may collaborate on drafting presentations to, and/or detailed written reports for, clients and the scientific and/or technology community.
- Under general direction participate in planning projects and accept responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
- On activities pertaining to the immediate work area and responsibilities, allocate activities, direct tasks and manage resources to meet objectives, as required.
- Adapt and/or develop original experimental methods/equipment/software/concepts/ ideas in support of existing and further research, promptly addressing where methods may not be defined and initiative is required in seeking new approaches to meet experimental and/or technological needs.
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Salary: AU$85,361 to AU$96,573 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated Software Engineering proficiency.
- Strong proficiency in C++.
- Experience with software development using the Qt framework.
- Experience designing and developing software in an industrial automation setting.
- Experience with field trials of remote controlled research test equipment, including precision data acquisition and results analysis.
- Experience with Linux operating systems including in embedded environments.
- Experience with software development for microprocessors (PSoC, Atmel etc).
- Experience with UI/UX development.
- Experience with designing software for augmented reality and assistive technology systems.
- Experience with laser based sensing technologies.
- Experience with development of software automation components for industrial and robotic control systems.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7th November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$85,361 to AU$96,573 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Engineering - Software
Research and Development