Executive Manager - Digital Support for Labs - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Manager - Digital Support for Labs
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join our team in transforming CSIRO’s science facilities for the digital age
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements!?
- Highly collaborative work environment?
The?Program Manager – Digital for Labs?provides leadership, management and vision to the Digital for Labs Program within the Scientific Computing team.
The Digital for Labs Program is responding to CSIRO’s Laboratories of the Future action to ensure that CSIRO facilities keep us at the cutting edge of science and technology. ?
The program will deliver a number of projects and activities to realise digitalisation opportunities in CSIRO’s laboratories and facilities. The program will also establish an ongoing function to support lab managers in negotiating the increasing complexities of integrating information technology and the operational equipment that power our facilities. The program will work closely with our Labs of the Future initiative and our Science Business Units in delivering upon these projects, whilst also navigating the requirement for highly regulated, assured and fully audited environments which comply with industry standards and good practice such as GxP, ISO, and other legislative or compliance requirements. The program will partner in the modernisation of a number of laboratories across the country whilst embedding cyber safe practices through all our lab operations.
The Program Manager – Digital for Labs is a partner to CSIRO business units in their lab digital transformation activities. You will be responsible for managing and leading the overall approach for the program, its major time frames, and definition of projects and major deliverables to address and meet the programs goals and outcomes. The role will develop operating procedures for the program to identify and scope project opportunities, allocate resources, and establish mechanisms for the program to report to governance committees and other senior stakeholders. Part of these considerations will be how the program integrates with, and complements, other activities in CSIRO’s Digital Transformation initiative.
Your duties will include:
- Lead the delivery of?the?Digital for Labs?program of work and contribute to CSIRO’s Digital Transformation.
- Partner with other key stakeholders within CSIRO to support and digitalise functions that support delivery of CSIRO science, research and engineering.
- Develop industry relationships, both vendor and peers, to build knowledge, awareness and ideas to support contemporary business functions
- Manage, lead and develop the program including project and activity identification. Program roadmap and delivery structures
- Incorporate and promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into projects of all sizes and scale.
- Monitor financial, people and project performance as appropriate.
- Promote program strategy and activities both internally to CSIRO and related business communities.?
Location:?Various Australia wide
Salary:?AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed. When responding to the criteria, please demonstrate how you meet the criteria by providing examples that are relevant to the role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT and/or equivalent experience leading enterprise-wide solutions.?
- Demonstrated expertise in the delivery of multiple services in a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience at being at the forefront of industry direction, including influencing and shaping solutions. Along with proven record in the planning, designing and implementing new enterprise-wide solutions including the ‘generational’ change of existing services.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong and effective business relationships to shape strategic directions within a large and complex organisation and ensure alignment between client needs and business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multiple teams across geographic boundaries.
- A successful track record in leading and developing teams, including ensuring future resource requirements are planned for and met and creating a culture that is inclusive of staff and aligns to CSIRO values.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to principles of Workplace Diversity; Equal Employment Opportunity; Occupational Health, Safety and Environment; and Employee Participation.
Experience in delivering technical solutions that support organisation transformation, simplification of business process and increasing overall effectiveness.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. CSIRO recognises that a candidate's capability to perform a role can be demonstrated in a variety of ways and encourages candidates to address the role criteria with this in mind.?
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in this role you must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additionally the successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting Level 1.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26th of June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jun 2022
- AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Research and Development