Provide excellence in second level support and enhance the customer service experience through the timely resolution of highly complex problems
- 12 month & 2 year fixed term contracts
- Deliver leading ICT business solutions & strategies
- Great opportunity to have work life balance in Tropical North Queensland
- Attractive salary plus 17% super & benefits
We offer an exciting opportunity for two IT Service Delivery Officers to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). One 12 month fixed term contract and one 2 year fixed term contract, both these positions are based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
About the position
Reporting to the Team Leader, IT Service Delivery you will provide excellence in second level support in the use of personal computing technologies including, implementation and support of JCU's personal computing environments, advanced applications support and resolution of highly complex problems in order to enhance the customer service experience at JCU.
- Undertake second level support and see project tasks through to completion working within agreed priorities, seeking feedback and guidance as required and ensuring quality outcomes are achieved;
- Support the University’s personal computing environments (MOE's) and Unified Communications service;
- Support students in formal and informal learning spaces on the Townsville or Cairns campus and remote teaching and research locations.
You will have highly developed analytical and problem solving skills together with effective communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide second level support and resolve complex technical issues to a wide variety of stakeholders in a prescribed timeframes
You will also have:
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to apply sound judgement and manage competing deadlines;
- High level computer literacy and experience in Microsoft, Apple and Linux Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop Management Software, Web Browser technology and database applications;
- Proven effective analytical and problem solving skills relating to personal computing application environments and Microsoft Office Productivity suite.
About the Information and Communications Technology Directorate
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Directorate’s mission is to be the University’s strategic technology partner, playing a key role in the success of James Cook University and the achievement of JCU’s Strategic Intent.
The ICT portfolio includes responsibility for all aspects of University ICT across all campuses and sites, and has functions devoted to strategy and architecture, project delivery and delivery of a broad range of contemporary and relevant ICT services to the University community
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer:
- generous superannuation with 17% superannuation
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Well-equipped, modern facilities
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions.
Position Reference Number: 16295
Applications close: 19 February 2018