ICT Infrastructure Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Mid West Ports Authority (View other jobs from this organisation)
ICT Infrastructure Lead
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our ICT Team as a ICT Infrastructure Lead on a permanent full-time basis based in either Perth or Geraldton.
We are a busy Western Australian Port that places the highest emphasis on our people, customers, and community in conducting our daily business. At Mid West Ports Authority, we recognise that our people are our most valuable resource, and we are committed to developing and supporting our workforce and fostering a work environment where our values of accountability, integrity, courage, caring, and collaboration are key.
Mid West Ports Authority (MWPA) provides an essential service, connecting regional Australia to national and international markets as a specialist port catering to boutique and diverse operations. MWPA operates seven (7) commercial berths and critical marine and land assets which enables the facilitation of trade for the Mid West region, exporting a variety of products including iron ore, grains, mineral sands, non-mineral sands and mineral concentrates. The Port also imports fuel, fertiliser and break bulk cargo. The Port of Geraldton also encompasses the Geraldton Fishing Boat Harbour (FBH), home to Geraldton’s fishing industry. The FBH provides significant opportunities for further development of the Port and activation of a thriving commercial and leisure industry hub.
We are deeply committed to creating a workforce that is diverse, inclusive, and reflective of the communities in which we operate in. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
About the Role
The Infrastructure Lead plays a crucial role in overseeing and managing the organisation’s ICT infrastructure. This role involves leading a team of infrastructure professionals, collaborating with other departments, ensuring the reliability and scalability of the infrastructure, and implementing best practices to support the Digital Strategy. The Infrastructure Lead will play a critical role in shaping the technological landscape of MWPA and supporting the broader business goals. The role will be required to supervise staff and or contractors.
Key Qualifications and experience (To be addressed in Covering Letter):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Background in Information Technology with several years post degree experience in similar roles.
- Proficiency in managing various server platforms, including Windows Server, Linux, and virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V).
- Understanding of network protocols, routing, switching, subnetting and VLAN.
- Experience with network security, firewall configuration, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Expertise in cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, including cloud architecture, deployment, and management.
- Familiarity with storage technologies such as SAN (Storage Area Network) and NAS (Network-Attached Storage).
- Awareness of security best practices for infrastructure, including access control, encryption, and vulnerability management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to problem solve using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems.
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- 20 Annual Leave days per annum (pro rata)
- Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Program
How to Apply:
For your application to be accepted you must submit all the below documents to email@example.com before the vacancy close date with “ICT Infrastructure Lead - Application” in the subject line.
- Detailed Covering Letter addressing the Selection Criteria as per the Position Description
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV/Resume)
Eligibility to Apply: Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector.
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the advertised vacancy, it may also be used to fill other "similar" vacancies throughout MWPA. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised vacancy, then the next most suitable applicant may also be selected from this process. Both options remain valid for a period of twelve (12) months from when the authorised delegate endorses the recruitment decision.
Living in the Mid West:
MWPA operations are located in sunny Geraldton, situated 400kms north of Perth, Western Australia, and is a coastal, community focused and family friendly town. We also have several key roles based in our Perth office.
Our reputation for sunny days, beautiful beaches, water sports and wildflowers should be enough to tempt anyone, but if you need more convincing check out this video for more information on why you should live and work Geraldton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeR-N1Kxpz8
- Closing Date:
- 19 Feb 2024
- WA - Geraldton
- Level 7.1 - 7.5 $131,628 - $144,265 (Dependant on experience)
- Work Type:
- Full Time