Electrical and SCADA Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater's vision is to be 'a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania'. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day, as the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state.
As the Electrical and SCADA Manager you will lead the Electrical and SCADA team in the provision of excellent internal customer service and support, enabling the effective operation of TasWater assets relying on electrical, SCADA, instrumentation and automation expertise.
This is a full time opportunity based in either Launceston or Hobart, and relocation assistance may be available for interstate candidates.
You will be responsible for;
- Provide advice, technical and practical expertise to the organisation to support effective utilisation and maintenance of electrical, SCADA and automation systems
- Manage electrical and SCADA documentation, planning, audits, projects and reports to ensure effective communications and strategic implementation
- Manage the overall maintenance execution of electrical and SCADA infrastructure assets across the organisation to ensure reliability of use, in alignment with the maintenance strategy
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision and apply TasWaters people management practices to uphold a positive working environment that reflects our vision, values and behaviours
Who are you?
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering (SCADA, Electrical etc.) or computer science
- Substantial experience leading and managing a team
- thorough professional knowledge of SCADA, PLCs, RTU's and electrical systems
- Experience using Clear SCADA software
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of electrical systems and safety
- Experience promoting, implementing and developing strategic initiatives
Why join the TasWater Team?
At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own.
As a TasWater team member you can look forward to working in an exciting and stimulating work environment which changes daily. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and give our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
TasWater provide and encourage our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development with a focus on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today's climate is important and offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
TasWater strongly believe that it is our people who play a big role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future.
How to Apply?
Visit our website www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers, download a copy of the position description and review the selection criteria against your skills and experience.
Click on "Apply Now" and attach your covering letter, addressed selection criteria and a copy of your resume.
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 12 noon on 29 January 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jan 2018
- $109,140 - $124,042 (includes super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Network/Systems Admin