Systems Programmer - Clerk Grade 5/6 - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Systems Programmer - Clerk Grade 5/6
- Exciting opportunity to join Information Communications and Technology Directorate as a Systems Programmer for NSW State Emergency Service
- Fulltime ongoing role
- Location: Wollongong with flexible working arrangements (remote working options, flexible hours and more)
- Make a genuine and lasting impact for Volunteers and the communities of NSW
About the opportunity
We are seeking a .Net Software Engineer who is keen to learn and develop. The Systems Programmer works collaboratively within a small team providing ongoing development and support for NSW SES’s core operational systems as well as designing, programming new features, debugging, testing and deploying multiple projects.
Whilst your primary focus will be on .NET frameworks, you will enjoy exploring new technologies across the portfolio including cloud Microsoft Azure, DevOps and SharePoint. In the future the role may also entail supporting NoSQL and Mobile Development Frameworks.
About the NSW SES
Our Mission: NSW SES saving lives and creating safer communities.
Our Vision: A trusted volunteer-based emergency service, working together to deliver excellence in community preparedness and emergency response.
The NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) is an emergency and rescue service made up almost entirely of volunteers and supported by a small staff contingent. NSW SES is a key influencer of other emergency service agencies and works closely with these partners to modernise and grow volunteering to save lives and protect communities.
While major responsibilities are for flood, storm operations and tsunamis, the NSW SES also provides the majority of general rescue effort in the rural parts of the state. This includes road accident rescue, vertical rescue, bush search and rescue, evidence searches (both metropolitan and rural), other forms of specialist rescue that may be required due to local threats, Urban Search and Rescue and Community First Response.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience with some of the following:
- ASP.NET MVC and SharePoint
- Cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure
- Mobile application technologies such as Xamarin or React Native
- Providing application support and enhancement services
- Maintaining test coverage for code you write at the unit and functional levels
How to apply
Your application should include as separate attachments:
- A cover letter (maximum of one page) briefly responding to the essential requirements and your experience in systems support and programming; and
- An up-to-date resume of no more than four pages detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role
What we can offer you
- Employment with attractive leave entitlements including parental leave, recreation and flex leave and other leave entitlements
- Work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Attractive salary package of up to $115,643 ($93,295 - $102,941 + leave loading + super
- Discounted membership at Beaton Park and Lakeside Leisure Centres
- Mental Health & Wellbeing programs and services
- Operational and leadership training and development opportunities via LinkedIn Learning and other training avenues to build and maintain skills
- Comprehensive immunisation programs including the flu vaccine
- Opportunities to build invaluable relationships across emergency service agencies, emergency service committees and other Government and community organisations
Find out more
The role description is available here.
For more information about the role, applicants are encouraged to Scott McCulloch at email@example.com
A recruitment pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if they arise.
Applications close: Tuesday 13 February 2024, 11.59pm
The NSW State Emergency Service is a proud employer of a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive and flexible workplace. People with disability are supported to access adjustments in recruitment processes and in the workplace, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job. As supporters of flexible working, we welcome discussions about how our roles can be undertaken flexibly.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Feb 2024
- NSW - Wollongong
- Attractive salary package of up to $115,643
- Work Type:
- Full Time