Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Housing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
This position reports to the Manager, Business Analyst Team within Business Solutions and Technology (BS&T). BS&T is a group of teams in Business Solutions and Services within the People and Corporate Capability Group.
BS&T are responsible for all software related business analysis, business solutions, in-house software development, telephony, IT Services and Infrastructure. We deliver business as usual activities and innovation driven initiatives that provide efficiencies to the broader organisation.
As part of this role your responsibilities will include analysis, design and specification of new and existing IT systems to support the business using appropriate standards, methodologies and toolsets. The role will provide expert advice and assistance to system users, investigate complex issues and determine business impact and recommend solutions.
This is a full-time position. DHA’s core business hours are between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. DHA operates under flexible working hours and staff may be required to work outside core business hours at times.
All DHA staff are required to display the following key values. You do not need to address these values specifically but should keep them in mind when responding to the selection criteria below.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of DHA’s business and familiarity with DHA’s Enterprise Applications to gather business requirements for application systems’ development, maintenance and enhancement.
- Translate business rules and requirements into functional specifications, acceptance criteria and other technical documents.
- Conduct and assist with definition, analysis and testing of business systems including the investigation and resolution of application system problems.
- Prepare and document workflows for new or enhanced systems.
- Provide a conduit between DHA’s business areas and the software development team.
- Advise on methods to improve processes and remove non value-add activities.
- Analyse and interpret technical information to compose detailed documentation and technical manuals.
- Other duties at the request of management.
Specific goals against key result areas are outlined in each individual staff member’s performance development agreement each year.
- Well-developed communication skills (written, oral, liaison and interpersonal) with the ability to relate to staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of business analysis process responsibilities between business, project and technical support teams to deliver quality business outcomes.
- Proven ability in requirement gathering and development of acceptance criteria and functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of business systems and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures.
Applications close: May 26, 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 26 May 2019
- ACT - Barton
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Business Analyst/Systems Analyst/Reporting