We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our team. Protecting the world-renowned beauty and biodiversity of the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area and providing a level playing field for all of its users are key aims of the compliance management undertaken by Australian and Queensland governments’ joint Field Management Program.
This position will be working under the general direction of senior staff and will need to exercise a degree of independent judgement and make decisions within defined parameters that require reliance on skills and knowledge.
The role will be to guide the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority through the acquisition and implementation of a new compliance management system. Specifically the position will identify, analyse and document current business processes and identify areas for improvement. The position will be the conduit between developers of the system and the Authority to ensure the delivery of valued, integrated and effective future business solutions within the context of a new compliance management system.
This position will support the Assistant Director Operations whilst building relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the Authority and the broader Reef Joint Field Management Program.
- You are a natural problem solver, a doer and are known for seeing things through
- You will be experienced in relationship and stakeholder management
- You have demonstrated experience performing business analysis activities and projects, preferably in the regulatory/compliance/law enforcement sector.
- You thrive under pressure, have an eye for detail and don’t get flustered when faced with competing priorities.
- Review existing business processes and data management and develop and implement improvements using business analyst expertise
- Lead internal staff and external providers in reviewing, developing and implementing system and processes including training in new systems.
- Consult internal and externally in analysing improvements and ongoing use of new systems and processes.
- Use project management skills and expertise to manage and achieve outcomes in a prescribed work program.
- Report and communicate verbally and in written format with internally and externally including the production of high quality reports evaluating multiple business solutions.
As an APS employee you may be reassigned to a different set of duties at the same classification level at the discretion of the agency head (CEO), taking account of operational requirements in the agency.
Eligibility requirements & qualifications
- be Australian citizens to be eligible for engagement (note: you must be an Australian citizen at the time of applying),
- be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline Vetting security clearance; failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various levels of staff within the business.
- Highly developed information technology skills across multiple platforms.
- Qualification in Business studies, business administration, project management or information technology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Previous experience in the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics.
Preparing your application
Please ensure you read the instructions carefully, noting failure to address identified requirements may lead to your application being deemed ineligible.
You will be required to prepare a response document (“pitch”) in MSWord or PDF format using standard margins and size 11 Arial font.
Please prepare a ‘pitch’, which does not exceed two pages, in relation to the advertised role, outlining:
- how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to perform the duties and meet the technical and behavioural capabilities of the role,
- any specific examples or achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform the role,
- how you meet the eligibility requirements and qualifications for the position.
When you include an example, you should explain;
- your personal role in the task,
- the methods you used,
- any barriers you were able to overcome, and
- the outcome.
When crafting your response, we encourage you to review ‘Cracking the Code’ and the relevant APS Work Level Standards which can be found on the APSC website: www.apsc.gov.au.
Your application must include;
- a completed Applicant Details Form,
- your ‘pitch’ (as described above),
- proof of Australian citizenship,
- a current curriculum vitae (resume) that includes
- an outline of your career history
- qualifications and/or formal/informal training relevant to the position
- contact details for at least two recent referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor.
Applicants are advised to read the Tools and Tips provided on the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Careers website.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line of ‘PN870 - Business Analyst’.