Senior Information Security Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Our Data, Governance and Security team are looking for a Senior Information Security Specialist to take a lead role in supporting the organisation to improve its information security posture while balancing the related risks.
You'll play a key role in providing advice to the business, developing strategy and implementing frameworks that enable the business to improve security.
You will build and cultivate positive relationships through providing advice and communicating technically complex information to our internal business partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing security advice to business partners, balancing their operational requirements with organisational security goals
- Designing and delivering the corporate information security awareness strategy
- Developing, implementing and measuring frameworks to guide information technology projects to a secure outcome
- Designing and maintaining information security documentation suite
- Leading efforts to maintain compliance with PCI DSS, AESCSF, and other regulatory frameworks
- Engaging with partners across the business to educate and influence them to improve security
- Ensuring compliance of system changes and other processes against security requirements
We are an electricity, gas and solar retailer proudly based in the nation’s capital and for more than 100 years we’ve been an active part of the community. We are all about offering our customers safe, reliable and sustainable energy solutions they want.
As a member of the Business Systems team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a positive team culture that is all about transformation through technology. We value people who are collaborative, flexible, empathetic, respectful and disciplined and work together to achieve best for business outcomes.
Our workforce needs to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so ActewAGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We'll need you to have:
- Proven work experience in an Information Security focused role focussed on enabling an organisation to improve security
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline, such as Information Technology, or equivalent industry experience and training
- Experience working in a consulting role or demonstrated equivalent aptitude
- Understanding of technical and non-technical information security controls and policy methodology
- Superb communication skills; written, oral and persuasion skills. The role will include developing reports and policy
- Fundamental understanding of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) and the ability to successfully engage with key partners
- Industry recognised Information Security certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC or GCIH
About our application process:
To apply, please log onto our online recruitment portal, submit your resume and a one to two-page pitch outlining the skills, experience, and capabilities you can bring to this role to make it a success.
Applications close 11pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019. To learn more about this exciting opportunity we urge you to contact John Danassis, Information Security Manager on 0402326349.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time