Digital Networks Specialists - Senior Network Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Digital Networks Specialists - Senior Network Engineer
Play a key role in the delivery of capital and operational projects to support HV electricity transmission for Queenslanders!
- Support the ongoing and significant transformational changes in our network and systems
- Introduce next generation technologies in our digital networks
- Be the expert in implementing and managing PDH, SDH, DWDM, MPLS, IP and Voice Telecommunication Networks
About the role
In this position, you will play a leading role in the delivery of configuration management, performance management and fault/emergency management processes This will act as a foundation as you support the training, planning, development, design implementation and operation of Powerlink’s Digital Networks across all substation telecommunication networks.
With a collaborative and customer-oriented approach, you will apply your knowledge of: DWDM, SDH, MPLS, IP, PDH, LAN/WAN, VoIP and security services for the EMS, Corporate and OPSWAN environments.
You will also develop and analyse options for technology and service development while supporting business growth.
Ideally, you will have Tertiary qualification(s) in Telecommunications, Computer Systems, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, supported by knowledge of and experience in a Digital Networks operations environment; implementing and managing PDH, SDH, DWDM, MPLS, IP and Voice Telecommunication Networks.
With an analytical, thorough and organised approach, you have a strong focus on problem-solving with the ability to be creative, flexible and innovative to deliver quality outcomes.
You will demonstrate great skill in the below:
- Collaboration and influencing strategically to manage complexity.
- Excellent verbal and written abilities with a track record of success in negotiating, consulting and communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- A high level of personal motivation, initiative and integrity in your delivery.
- Energy and enthusiasm, which cultivates innovation and drives team engagement.
With experience in consulting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting multi-site infrastructure environments, you have experience with the below technologies:
- IPSec & SSL VPN’s Palo Alto and Cisco Networks.
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPNs, Vlans, Spanning Tree, Layer 2/3.
- Converge core network infrastructure and high availability network design.
- Firewalls, routers, switches, VOIP, carrier services, certificates, Vlans, IP addressing, network monitoring, DNS and DHCP.
If you see yourself in this opportunity, please click on the Apply Now button and submit a covering letter, an updated resume and answer the application questions.
Applications close on Sunday, 6th December 2020 at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Powerlink's recruitment team on email@example.com.
Powerlink and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Dec 2020
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Hardware
Engineering - Network/Systems Admin
Engineering - Software
Network and Systems
Other IT and Telecommunications