IT Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
IT Project Manager
- Salary - $117k - $126k + Super
- Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
- Exciting ICT Projects and great team to work with
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Services team is responsible for information and communication technology (ICT) projects to improve the way Moreland City Council delivers services to the community. We are embarking on a journey to consolidate our technology platforms that support Council's long-term strategic objectives. This journey includes many exciting and innovative projects and an opportunity has arisen for this new role to contribute and guide our future direction.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of IT projects, to ensure project outcomes are achieved and solutions are delivered that are responsive to business needs, contributing to the organisation’s ability to deliver services to the community. This role requires the person to be hands-on and wear different hats as the need arises. Your strategic mindset, clear communications, positive energy, technical skills and ability to form working partnership with diverse stakeholders will see you thrive in this role.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or other relevant discipline.
- Proven success in managing complex, enterprise-wide ICT projects.
- Significant experience with vendor/contract negotiation and navigating procurement policies and processes in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills such as prioritisation, business case development, planning, procurement, governance, budgeting, resourcing, scheduling and change.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, and the ability to lead and drive outcomes.
- An analytical mindset with superior communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in local government.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Sohail Ahmed – Unit Manager Project Services on 9240 2362.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 8 August 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Aug 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $117k - $126k + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management and Supervisory