- Are you a talented & adaptable Software Engineer?
- Help build secure, elegant, robust & scalable solutions
- Join CSIRO's Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking a talented and adaptable software engineer to join the “Protection Against Re-Identification” team. Our team’s goal is to foster more informed decision-making across government, by making it easier for agencies to safely publish their data.
The successful candidate will help build a Python API that allows users to query confidential datasets, while maintaining privacy by aggregating and “confidentialising” the results on-the-fly. The team will work with Data61's Data Privacy research group to incorporate cutting-edge research on Differential Privacy.
We want you to help us build secure, elegant, robust and scalable solutions. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, learn new skills and develop to your full potential.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Design and build APIs and user interfaces (with an emphasis on APIs), and ensure their implementation is secure, efficient and maintainable.
- Have the ability to think creatively, prototype new ideas and see them through to production.
- Work with customers to understand their needs and make sure they are met.
Location: Eveleigh NSW. Other locations may be considered.
Salary: $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science OR equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Expertise in REST API design and implementation using current web server development tools and methodologies.
- A history of developing robust and secure applications.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 21 January 2017