- Work on the development of cutting-edge AI enabled clinical decision support tools
- Contribute your expertise in machine learning and natural language processing
- Be part of the solution at CSIRO - Australian Science, Australia’s future
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowships help facilitate the recruitment and development of our potential leaders. They provide valuable opportunities for scientists and engineers to launch their careers, extend professional networks and enhance their career prospects.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow with CSIRO Health and Biosecurity, you will use your knowledge in natural language processing, machine (and deep) learning and clinical terminologies to support clinical service delivery through AI enabled clinical decision support tools.
Specifically you will:
- Undertake clinical text information extraction and classification R&D involving natural language processing (NLP), machine (and deep) learning, and terminologies/ontologies.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
- Prepare, publish and present high quality scientific and/or engineering papers.
- Contribute to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
This is a great opportunity for you to join the high-performing Health Text Analytics Team within the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC - http://aehrc.com/) – a world class centre undertaking research and development across health and biomedical informatics and health services.
Location: Herston (Brisbane) Queensland
Salary: AU $83k to AU $91k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
Job ref: 57022
As a minimum requirement, you will hold a doctorate (or shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as software engineering, computer science, information technology, or an equivalent field. You will also have:
• High-level communication and team skills, including a record of publications in quality journals and a history of professional behaviours.
• Practical skills in information extraction and classification involving NLP, machine learning, and terminologies/ontologies.
• Technical ability in software development and programming skills and experience with standard NLP/data mining/deep learning tools.
• The ability to work with autonomy and creativity.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
To be eligible for this postdoctoral fellowship, you must have less than 3 years of relevant research experience since gaining your PhD.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Tuesday 19 June, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)