- Contribute to transforming the safety and security of computer systems
- Apply your expertise in interactive theorem proving and/or functional programming to real-world systems
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist in Formal Verification to work alongside our world-leading scientists within our Trustworthy Systems group.
In this role you will provide scientific leadership, develop and pursue research agendas within the context of our vision for fundamentally transforming the safety and security of computer systems for the better.
Our highly international team is located on the UNSW campus, close to the beautiful beaches of sunny Sydney, Australia, one of the world's most liveable cities.
Your duties will include
- Pursue research to advance the state of the art in lowering the cost and time for producing high-performance, formally verified software.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in high quality international conferences and journals.
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, to undertake independent scientific investigations and carry out associated tasks under the guidance of more senior Research Scientists/Engineers.
Location: Kensington NSW
Salary: *CSOF5 - AU$97,276 - AU$105,269 plus up to 15.4%
*CSOF6 – AU$111,663 – AU$130,848 plus up to 15.4%
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate in Computer Science in a relevant area such as Interactive Theorem Proving, Formal Methods, Programming Languages, Systems, or Security.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to publish research results, prepare reports and present the results of scientific investigations at international conferences and stakeholder meetings, evidenced by a solid record of publication in quality, peer reviewed conference proceedings and/or journals.
- Experience in interactive theorem proving with tools such as Isabelle/HOL, HOL4, Coq, or PVS.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
29 Janiuary 2019