- Apply your skills and knowledge in Cyber Security.
- Support CSIRO's migration to cloud based collaborative solutions.
- Join CSIRO, Australia's premier scientific research organisation.
CSIRO's Cyber Security Services Team is seeking an experienced Identity & Access Management (IAM) - Security Engineer to positively reinforce the Organisation's Cyber Security Services capacity and activities. The Cyber Security Services Team is responsible for the provision of cyber security detection and prevention capabilities across the CSIRO corporate and scientific enterprise.
As the IAM Security Engineer you will directly support CSIRO’s migration to cloud based collaborative solutions in particular Office 365 and Azure. You will help support the project team along the journey of designing and building secure instance of Office 365 and other cloud services; represent Cyber Security Services to help promote cyber education and awareness; sustain effective and efficient secure systems and services; and promote cyber security as an enabler of CSIRO business, science and innovation.
Contributing to the quality of the service delivered to clients while playing a vital part in evolving strategic, tactical, and operational service direction, you will demonstrate subject matter expertise through analytical investigation of complex and ambiguous problems, and the application of adaptive and innovative solutions.
You will positively reinforce Cyber Security Services capacity and activities initially supporting complex enterprise scale Identity Access Management projects including MIM, MFA, Azure AD and ADFS.
NOTE: This is a security assessed position and successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance of NV1 (SECRET).
More specifically you will:
- Deliver security engineering expertise to Office 365 and Identity Access Management projects along with providing effective risk management support.
- Define, design and implement appropriate controls to mitigate against the risks of cyber-attacks and mitigate vulnerabilities across the digital services and enterprise applications.
- Ensure compliance with IAM principals including: least privilege access, password management, Audit logging, RBAC, certificate issuance and revocation.
- Analyse and resolve complex technical and cyber security issues.
- Conduct scoping and security assessment of new on premise and cloud based systems, applications, and major updates.
Location: Yarralumla, ACT; North Ryde, NSW; or Clayton, VIC
Salary: Attractive package is negotiable
Job reference: 58951
To be successful you will need:
- Diploma or degree in information technology, or equivalent relevant work experience, plus a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role.
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a security clearance of Negative Vetted 1
- Experience in the design, delivery and support of cloud environments (AWS, Google, Microsoft and Office 365), and Identity & Access Management solutions (Microsoft Identity Manager) and secure integration with on premise infrastructure.
- Sound understanding of Modern Authentication Protocols, DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, Networking, Security Enclave design, and Data Classification.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please uploadl a cover etter and CV that best demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position Description.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT, 28 January 2019