CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Software Architecture for Trustworthy Data - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Software Architecture for Trustworthy Data
- Do you have a PhD in software architecture, enterprise systems or security?
- Tackle research challenges at the core of designing software for trustworthy traceability systems
- Play a significant role in this exciting postdoctoral opportunity
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will tackle research challenges at the core of designing software for trustworthy traceability systems. They will lead research project activities, and plan and revise these activities based on the progress. The Postdoctoral Fellow will collaborate with colleagues in CSIRO Business Units and with external key stakeholders to understand needs and constraints in application domains.
The Postdoctoral Fellow plays a significant role in the innovation, and takes full responsibility in delivering the project, and will lead most of the project activities, plan and revise these activities based on the progress. They will take the initiative to execute the plans, organise regular team meetings, and lead discussions in these meetings. More specifically, the Postdoctoral Fellow will consult with colleagues from other CSIRO Business Units and external key stakeholders in the food supply chain to understand their needs. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be the mediator for knowledge exchange between the team members.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will explore the existing solutions for traceability data and identify the gap, then lead the design and evaluation of the customizable traceability component. They will also take the lead to publish the project results primarily in the software engineering research area and develop a research prototype of the traceability component.
Your duties will include:
- Working with domain experts from two different supply chains (for example, agriculture supply chain and hydrogen supply chain) to understand domain need and client-specific requirements and technical constraints from different stakeholders.
- Designing a model driven approach to enable highly customisable, auto-generation of client-specific traceability data collection, deployment, and processing.
- Proposing a method to show the relation between the trustworthiness of the traceability data and the software quality of the collaborative infrastructure and other systems used to supply the traceability data.
- Providing design guidance in terms of design tactics / design patterns on improving the trustworthiness of the overall design from both data and software aspects.
- Building a research prototype that instantiates the design of the traceability component using blockchain and smart contracts.
Location: Eveleigh, New South Wales
Salary: AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as software architecture, enterprise systems or security. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Research experience on distributed ledgers and traceability systems, including system design, consensus protocols, smart contract engineering, governance or security analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering, data systems integration, or data analytics, specifically related to data ingestion, manipulation and visualization.
- High level computational and programming skills (e.g. Python, R, or C++) to build prototype diagnostic systems and conduct analyses.
- High-level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to for role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian temporary resident currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by December 2021/January 2022.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 31 Aug 2021
- NSW - Eveleigh
- AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Engineering - Software
Research and Development