- Two opportunities available - An opportunity to bring your creativity to science communications
- Translate our science and work into impactful and inspiring designs!
- Apply today to join Australia's National Science Agency!
CSIRO is seeking two (2) Graphic Designers to join the Corporate Affairs team to strengthen and grow CSIRO’s brand by translating our science and work into designs that are inspiring and impactful.
As the Graphic Designer you will be involved in end-to-end production for graphic design projects, including graphic design, supplier and production coordination and client liaison.
Under the guidance of a senior graphic designer, you will have the opportunity to, alongside the other members of the Corporate Affair’s team, work across the length and breadth of the CSIRO business units.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver graphic design projects using CSIRO branded design templates and brand guidelines. Projects can include reports, brochures, posters, factsheets, web concepts, infographics, merchandise and illustrations.
- Deliver concepts and ideas/pitches for creative campaigns.
- Deliver on-brand solutions when a template is not available.
- Manage graphic design projects end-to-end, including the administration within the job management system and production liaison.
- Develop and maintain aspects of our brand style guide and document templates.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the image library.
- Work courteously and efficiently with internal client on their projects, including providing production schedules, reverse briefing and progress updates.
- Collaborate and provide support/information to our internal clients to build their brand knowledge and understanding, often in an environment where there are conflicting priorities and deadlines to be met.
- Investigate and recommend changes to processes in the brand team, with technological advancement and your field of expertise.
Location: Newcastle or Canberra
Salary: AU $66K to AU $84Kpa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, specifically a degree in graphic design, or equivalent experience
- Well-developed design experience in digital and print media
- Broad and in-depth design experience using corporate brand guidelines and brand templates
- Significant experience managing projects end-to-end, including using job management software such as Streamtime
- Strong conceptual thinking, attention to details and ability to follow the processes of the brand team.
- Established problem-solving skills and intuitive approach to visual communication.
- High proficiency in Adobe Suite (inc. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Acrobat)
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this advertised position you must be either an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter, CV and recent portfolio that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 5 December, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- AU $66K to AU $84Kpa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: