Health Information Services Scanning Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
ACT Government - Canberra Health Services (View other jobs from this organisation)
Canberra Health Services
Infrastructure Management and Maintenance
Finance and Business Intelligence
Health Information Services
Senior Officer Grade C
Salary Range: $106,043 - $114,146 (PN: 45691)
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and communityâ€based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Finance and Business Intelligence (FBI) Branch is led by the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) who reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Canberra Health Services. The FBI Branch is responsible for the development and maintenance of budgets, financial management, and for providing strong operational finance and performance reporting analysis across the health service. The five sub-units within the FBI branch include the Financial Management Unit, Revenue and Financial Services, Patients Accounts, Business Intelligence and Health Information Services.
Health Information Services (HIS) provides a range of services including clinical record scanning and management, clinical coding and casemix data generation, patient identifier maintenance, clinical record forms design and managing access to personal health information to facilitate patient care and follow-up, for research, quality improvement, education, and hospital management purposes.
This position is responsible for managing and overseeing the scanning of records into the clinical record scanning solution. This involves managing a large team of over 30 staff across multiple shifts including morning, evening and weekends including all recruitment and human resource responsibilities. This position requires an in-depth working knowledge of all procedures related to document imaging and legislation around privacy and record management.
Management responsibilities include staff selection, rostering, training, performance management, workflow and KPI monitoring and allocation of resources to meet service delivery requirements and compliance with the organisations risk management and clinical and corporate governance.
- Tertiary qualification in Health Information Management (or equivalent).
- Eligibility for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia.
- Must hold a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
This role is being advertised in parallel with an equivalent Health Professional Level 4 classification (req 01N5I). Applicants will be assessed and the most suitable applicant will be selected in a merit based process depending on skills and experience.
Contact Officer: Kerri McGufficke (02) 5124 3331 firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au (REF 01N5G)
Applications Close: 02 January 2020
- Closing Date:
- 02 Jan 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- $106,043 - $114,146
- Work Type:
- Full Time