Supercomputer Platform Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
DUG is a technology company at the forefront of high-performance computing (HPC) with a strong foundation in applied physics. Our innovative hardware and software solutions for the global technology and resource sectors enable our clients to leverage large and complex data sets. Our constant focus on research and development combined with a wealth of industry experience has equipped us with the technical excellence needed to provide state-of-the-art HPC as a service (HPCaaS).
The DUG platform team is responsible for the development of the software and IT ecosystem which connects our users and their applications to DUG's global HPC compute resources in a simple, efficient and reliable manner.
In this role, you will be developing a variety of tools using different technologies and languages including performance and status logging systems, automation for common operations, integrations to new infrastructure and more as the platform evolves. You will bring new ideas to the table, explore new technologies and influence design decisions. You will gain knowledge of common HPC technologies such as massively parallel cluster queueing systems. You will be responsible for ensuring the tools are stable, reliable and conform to best practices. You have a bias for action and understand the balance between writing neat and maintainable software and delivering urgent solutions for time sensitive problems.
This is a chance to work with some of the largest and greenest compute engines on earth with a friendly team who are passionate about technology. Contact DUG if this sounds like you, or if you believe you have the passion to work with our team in any capacity.
- Develop and maintain backend system tools to support the DUG platform
- Develop and maintain automated testing for platform tools
- Develop and maintain automated deployment and provisioning of platform tools
- Investigate and resolve complex platform issues
- Provide technical support for critical, time-sensitive, otherwise-unresolvable operational issues
- Provide and receive regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- Collaborate on priority and scheduling for rapid development iterations
- Act as a mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer
- Further your knowledge in the field of high performance computing and software engineering
You should have:
- Demonstrated skills as a software developer in a typical general-purpose development language (e.g. Java, C/C++, Python, C#)
- Demonstrated skills using systems administration tools (e.g. shell scripting, standard Linux commands)
- Experience with Linux system environment, configuration and administration
- Experience using system provisioning and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience working with globally-distributed teams and team collaboration tools
- Excellent written and spoken business and technical English
You may also have experience with:
- Linux system programming (e.g. kernel interaction, low-level system libraries)
- CI/CD build pipelines and associated tools/concepts (e.g. GitOps, Bamboo, Artifactory, Docker)
- Web systems development
- An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
- This role is based in Perth, Western Australia. DUG will consider relocating candidates or negotiate remote work arrangements for candidates with prior remote work experience.
- WA - West Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Building automation/Control systems
Database Development, Management & Administration
Engineering - Hardware
Engineering - Network/Systems Admin
Engineering - Software
High Performance/Super Computing
Network and Systems
Other IT and Telecommunications
Research and Development
Technology integration services
Testing and Quality Assurance